I tell you, I can't tell if I had a bad day or if I'm just in a bad mood.
1. Cody is now on his second round of antibiotics and they are having a wonderfully aromatic and sloppy side effect. *gag* Cody did his biz in the backyard and I thought I was safe to take them for a walk even though I always bring a bag. Egads! That dog dropped a mound of runny, stinky-ass poop at the half way point. So I'm grossed out and the smell is making me gag but it's not his fault and we all valiantly make it home where I scrubbed my hands because I have an obsessive-compulsive streak about cleanliness.
2. I'm about to get in for a swim after walking the dogs and getting super hot but I am skimming the water first. I wonder why the skimmer isn't working and I get that bad gut feeling that things are about to go from bad to worse. I open the skimmer and give a sigh of relief until I get the fish net we bought to get the pine needles out and pull up a dead chipmunk. Gee-rosssss. I'm horrified for the chipmunk but I'm also freaked out about a dead body being in my pool. So I'm definitely skeeved out and my gag reflex is working over time.
3. We think one of our neighbours has a compost heap that is now smelling like donkey ass. Makes me furious that this smell in emanating into my backyard. Dude, move your gross shit up towards your house so I don't have to smell that while trying to go for a swim. Gag reflex still getting a workout.
4. Okay, this is good news in that I did get into the pool but I didn't swim for long because as I mentioned before, wee bit skeeved out.
5. I cannot go into my kitchen without smelling the cat's litter because my husband insisted that he would have a hole broken into the garage first thing. It's now been a month since we moved in and I swear I am starting to lose weight because I refuse to go into the kitchen at night. I tell you, our cats are pretty but they can smell up the entire house. I'm considering buying a huge industrial fan and setting them up downstairs. Anything to be able to eat again without the smell of poop.
I mean, this can't be my life now can it?
Am I to be surrounded by animal turds, smells and corpses?
I realize now that I'm going to have to get proactive in this and the first thing to change is going to be that cat litter. It's going to happen pronto! Cody will be better after the meds are done *fingers crossed* and those of you who have had pools or have them, did you ever find a way to make sure that critters did not drown?
Oh and you wouldn't believe the infestation of caterpillars here. It's the first year they have hit and they eat and kill all trees over 3 - 4 years. So guess who will be spraying pesticides next year and we're so not pesticide people!!
I'm sorry I was hoping I would have read something interesting by now or have done something with the house but there are too many things bothering me that I have been waiting for Bob to deal with.
Looks like I'm about to take over.
Bob's not gonna like some of the results.